Learn Chinese From Movies
Learn Chinese From Movies makes it easier for intermediate and advanced level students to start incorporating movies into their study routine. They add English, Simplified or Traditional Characters, and Pinyin subtitles to play over the top of various Chinese and international movies. I’ve found it to be helpful to bridge the gap between intermediate study materials and native movies.
Movies are streamed online from Youtube and other sources with subtitles added.
A decent selection of movies, but having more added would be nice.
Cheaper than other resources that use native videos to teach Chinese.
- I had difficulties finding movies with both English and Chinese subtitles in the past from other places. This makes it really quick and easy.
- Finding pinyin subtitles from other places is almost impossible.
- Solid variety of movie titles to choose from.
I Don’t Like
- The glossaries and transcripts are useless to me.
- The Premium Plan is terrible value.
- You have to give your payment information to access the free trial.
A Basic subscription to Learn Chinese From Movies costs $8/month or $77/year. A Premium subscription costs $297/year and the only additional benefit is that you can download the glossary and transcripts.
Save $30 on a yearly subscription by using the promo code “ALR-30$-off-yearly”.
Learn Chinese From Movies (LCFM) is a new Chinese learning resource that I’m pretty excited about. It hasn’t been around for long and has a lot of room to grow. But, even as it is now, I really like it.…