HelloTalk is a mobile app for language learners interested in language exchange. It facilitates communication between native speakers and those learning their language with the use of built-in language tools. It also offers audio lessons in 10 languages as part of a separate subscription.
There’s an active community of dedicated learners, but you’ll have to do some searching.
The app is easy to use and the language tools are helpful, but you could end up relying on google translate.
Both the basic and VIP membership provide great value. The paid audio lessons probably aren’t worth it however.
- It’s exciting to practice communicating with real people
- The built-in language tools are helpful
- It’s easy to pick up and put down whenever you like
I Don’t Like
- It’s too easy to rely on google translate
- It can be hard to find good partners
- The paid audio lessons probably aren’t worth it
The basic features of HelloTalk are free. Audio lessons require a separate subscription after a short trial period.
HelloTalk VIP is available for:
$6.99/month and $45.99/year or $175.00 for lifetime access
Learning a new language when you’re nowhere near other speakers of that language can be tricky. For example, I’m currently in Nepal and trying to learn Italian. I don’t exactly get a lot of opportunities to practice Italian here.…