StoryLearning German Uncovered
StoryLeaning German Uncovered comes from Olly Richards, the creator of the super popular polyglot blog. It’s quite a bit different than most courses as it revolves around an engaging story. It can be a bit more challenging than other courses, as you begin reading somewhat long texts right off the bat. Overall, I found it to be a more fun way to approach language learning that will be great for some but not ideal for others.
The instruction is clear but can have too much information crammed into a single lesson.
You’ll practice every aspect of the language.
It has a pretty high price, but if you stick with it, you’ll get good value from it.
- Centering the lessons around a story makes learning more fun.
- Good clear instruction with lots of opportunities to practive what you’ve learned.
- Gets students to actively participate and take control of their own learning.
I Don’t Like
- Too many unrelated grammar points are included in the grammar lessons.
- The review quiz is too short.
A one-time purchase costs $297. There’s also a 7-day free trial.
The StoryLearning Method involves teaching grammar and vocabulary within the context of a short story. Stories mix German vocabulary and grammar points together so that connections can be made between what a word means and how it is used, which research into language development shows is more useful than individual vocabulary points.…